Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Clark's Ale House Update

After closing last year, Clark's Ale House will be reopening in a new location soon. And yes, they will still be Downtown. No details yet as to which location, but owner Ray Clark says the new spot should have double the space for outdoor seating. (It's a shot in the dark, but my original hunch was that it would go here - now I'm not sure. The former Quigly's Tavern in Hanover Square has been under construction for a couple of months now, so maybe there? Time will tell!). Clark expects to resume business by November with the same great concept: "22 drafts and 1 sandwich.". More info can be found here and you can stay up to date on their Facebook page.

I seriously can't wait. Perhaps we were a tad rowdy, but my friends and I had a great time closing out the bar last year (kicking both Genny Cream Ale and Guinness). I miss Clark's and have literally gotten several late-night cravings for roast beef sandwiches since September of last year. It'll be great to have it back. In Downtown no less.

Also, I've been a tad nonexistent on the ol' blog. I'm working two jobs, it's summertime, and I'm putting together some plans to revamp things here, so apologies for the lack of restaurant reviews. I'll get them up soon.

No comments: