Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Polish Festival Recap

I already said it on Twitter, but the Polish Fest was pretty cool this year. It's a much more low-key event compared to the Taste of Syracuse, but it's a lot of fun to watch the various dances and eat some really great food.

The Polish Community Center from Utica had a little booth and served up some of the best Polish food I've probably ever had.

Clockwise from left: golabki, kapusta, Zywiec beer, kielbasa, and pierogies.

Really, really good freaking golabki. Whatever the cabbage roll was filled with, it was so good. It was more dense and a lighter color than ground beef, so It may have been pork. The tomato sauce served along with it had some sweetness and gave the whole thing a really delicious taste.

You couldn't pay me enough to eat golabkis prior to this, but I'm glad I gave them a shot. Evidently now I like them. Thank you, Utica.

No comments: