Wednesday, March 23, 2011

My Love For Columbus Bakery Runs Deep

I brought a loaf of Columbus Italian bread over to my friend's house for dinner the other night, which was then whipped up into garlic toast and came out great. My one complaint about Columbus Bakery bread, however, has always been that it goes stale too quickly - which probably means you aren't eating it fast enough.

One of my favorite things to do with day-old Columbus bread is to cube up a bunch of slices, pop them in the freezer, bring them out when I'm ready to cook a meal, toss them with some dried herbs and olive oil and put them in the oven for a bit and the croutons are ready to be garnished on salads or soups.

But recently, I used day-old Columbus bread for French Toast and it was, dare I say, amazing.

No comments: