Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Weekend Happenings: Empire State Brewing & Music Festival




This Friday, July 10th from 5 PM to 10 PM is the 7th Annual Empire State Brewing & Music Festival. The event will be held in Clinton Square and features a large variety of local breweries, music, and food vendors. Tickets are $40 in advance and $50 at the gate. Admission includes a 4-ounce sampling glass and 2-ounce samplings of the 300 styles of beer. Proceeds from the event will benefit both the New York State Brewers Association and Project Children. More information can be found on the official website.

3 comments:

administrator said...

this event is expensive for what it is but I always had a good time and saw bands you could not see at other bars.This year i felt ripped off.The beer runs out by 9:15 there were many empty beer vendor stands..not my problem that "economy is bad" Tickets are still 40-50$.Bands were so-so ..one played free at blues fest sunday too josh..they were good..but looked to me empire guy who runs this was "milking it"cutting costs while leaving admission high

JoeBass123 said...

thanks for the details. i've never been able to go, though i've always wanted to. they do a very similar event in boston (which the empire one may or may not be modeled after) and it draws really well.

a shame about the beer running out. isn't the whole point not to run out? especially that early.

Jim Johnson said...

This is my favorite festival of the year. Every time I've gone, I've always enjoyed it.

That being said, the last two years, I have not gone. They've officially priced me out. As much as I love walking around outside, trying different beers, listening to music and seeing an entire community enjoying itself, I'm not spending 40 to 50 dollars to do so.